We foster in our students the desire to be seekers of truth and doers of justice. The school is one of many around the world directed by the Institute of the Blessed Virgin Mary (IBVM), also known as the Loreto Sisters.
At Loreto Kirribilli we are proud to build on our four hundred year international heritage. We believe it is our privilege to continue the work of Mary Ward, who founded the IBVM in 1609. Mother Gonzaga Barry was the first leader of the Loreto Sisters in Australia, establishing a convent at Ballarat, Victoria in 1875, then Sydney in 1892.
This statement of principles aims to convey and define the nature and purpose of learning at Loreto Kirribilli. It is designed to be the basis on which teachers select, refine and evaluate their pedagogical approaches. Professional learning, growth and development of staff will also be shaped by these principles.
Learning experiences at Loreto Kirribilli should be created with the intention that they allow students and staff to:
– Develop an informed, active faith and spirituality
– Develop knowledge and skills to a standard of personal excellence in an atmosphere of high expectations
– Develop resilience, self-knowledge, autonomy and a sense of personal agency
– Develop positive relationships with others
– Experience achievement through reflection, goal-setting, exploration, experimentation, persistence and personal mastery
– Utilise, adapt and extend their personal context, strengths and prior knowledge
– Learn to think flexibly, critically and creatively
– Effectively access, use, transform and communicate information and ideas in a variety of forms and media
– Be challenged and supported in their learning through timely, constructive feedback and direction
– Understand, value and celebrate learning as an active and sustaining process
– Participate in assessment and reporting practices which are meaningful and growth-oriented
Tradition / Culture
Debating / Public Speaking
Religion / Faith
Student Health and Wellbeing
Gifted and Talented
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths)
Performing Arts Centre
Full details of tour dates and times are available on our website: http://www.loreto.nsw.edu.au/enrolment/school-tours/