It will be back to school for many parents and families as they experience a taste of Melbourne’s Salesian College Sunbury during its Discovery Open Day on 15 May between 9am and 4pm.
The school’s doors will be wide open. There will be student-led tours of the facilities, a Principal’s address and an expo of curriculum and student services. A range of activities will also take place in the classrooms and around the college. In addition, there will be opportunities for parents to speak with staff and students about their experience at the college.
The day is designed to be informative, interactive and entertaining, peaking the interest of both young children and parents.
A secondary education at Salesian College Sunbury provides many opportunities for children to grow in faith and fulfil their potential as learners. These include:
- A 400 hectare environment that includes a working farm, sporting precinct, waterways, culturally significant sites and heritage-listed buildings.
- Well-resourced classrooms and specialist facilities that cater for a diverse range of learning styles.
- Dedicated staff of over 150 professionals qualified to enhance the learning experience of every child enrolled at the college.
- Learning programs designed to grow the capacity of students to think, analyse, question, collaborate and investigate.
- An atmosphere of joyfulness that is welcoming and inclusive of all students, with pastoral programs focussed on values such as acceptance, respect and forgiveness
- A religious education curriculum from Year 7-12 that is rich in content and diverse in nature, providing opportunities for all students to grow in faith, regardless of their background.
- A campus structure that allows students to transition easily from Primary School through to Senior Secondary with appropriate pastoral, learning and wellbeing supports along the way.
- A Year 9 program that challenges adolescents to step beyond their comfort zone and apply their learning to the world around them.
- A wide selection of learning pathways for all students, including many applied learning opportunities in Agriculture, Sport and Technology.
“I look forward to welcoming our local community to the college on 15 May 2019 and showing them what makes our school so unique,” said Principal Mark Brockhus.
“Come and discover everything great about Salesian College Sunbury. There will be special presentations from our Agriculture, Music and Dance departments – just to name a few.
“We are pleased a few hundred people have already registered to attend our college on this day. I encourage everyone to register for a tour and see for yourself how our teachers deliver engaging programs meeting the needs of your children and your family.”
For more information about the Salesian College Sunbury Discovery Open Day, please click here.