Inaburra School in Sydney will host a panel discussion centred on teen mental health and wellbeing on Wednesday 16 October 2019.
The panel will feature four professionals in this field: Dr Andrew Parkin (Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist), Julia London (Clinical, Educational and Developmental Psychologist), along with Inaburra Senior School Counsellors Michelle DeRieve and Maria Taylor.
They will be tackling a number of questions including:
- What is the biggest ‘fail’ a parent can do when it comes to a child with anxiety?
- My child spends a lot of time in their room alone. Should I be concerned?
- My child is regularly fighting against going to school – what should I do?
- My child is sleeping between two households, how do I create and protect a safe and stable environment?
- My teenager appears more moody than normal, is it just hormones, or should I be looking out for something else?
- I can see that my child’s friends are regularly having a negative effect on their wellbeing, when/how do I intervene?
There will also be an opportunity for questions from the audience.
The Headspace Information table open will be open from 6.30-7pm, before the panel discussion takes places between 7-8pm. Questions from the audience will follow.
This is a free event and all are welcome, however it is an adult-only event, suitable for parents and caregivers of students in Years 5 to 12. It will take place at the Inaburra Performing Arts Centre.
To book, please click here.